Let us show you some of the industry’s best coffee grinders for French press coffee that you may miss.
We feature here both manual and electric coffee grinders for French presses so you can have multiple choices.
1. Capresso 560.01 Infinity Conical Burr Grinder
As the name implies, you will have an infinite consistency in grinding your coffee beans when you use Capresso Infinity Conical Burr Grinder. The result for this grinder is one of the best grinds for a French press and nobody refutes about that!
Capresso Infinity is a commercial-quality grinder that grinds from extra-fine Turkish to coarser French press and in-between these textures. This best burr grinder for French presses retains the aroma of the coffee as its gear motor, the reduction type, grinds slowly but consistently.
The motor is so silent you can’t hear the grinding sound. And what’s more?
It has a transparent bean hopper that can hold 8.8 ounces of roasted cherries while the ground coffee capacity is 4 ounces.
- With technologically advanced solid steel conical burrs.
- With minimal static build-up during operation.
- The motor has a gear reduction system for precise and noiseless brewing.
- Easy to use, clean, and maintain.
- The housing is made from ABS plastic.
- Bulkier and heavier than others.
2. Handground Precision Manual Coffee Grinder
If you are not adept at using electrical grinders for a French press, it is better to use a manual machine. One of the best manual coffee grinders for French presses is the Handground Precision Manual Coffee Grinder which has a glass body.
The Handground Precision is also the best coarse coffee grinder as it matches the efficiency of automatic coffee makers with a grinder. Now you have a perfect choice.
This best manual grinder for French press owes it precise grinding to the 40mm conical ceramic burr mill comprising this machine which is a computer-designed grinder. The glass-bodied Handground Precision is compatible with any type of coffee maker, such as Chemex, Moka Pots, Cold Brew, Drip Coffee, AeroPress, Pour-Overs, and perfect for French presses.
Furthermore, although it is manually operated, the Handground Precision has 15 grind settings that you may select to match the needed grind for your coffee machine. The grinder’s base is tapered so that it will not flip over during grinding.
- Grinds consistently and quietly.
- Effortless grinding, unlike other manual grinders.
- With 15 grind selectors for your precise grind.
- Has triple-mounted axle for a soundless grind.
- Portable enough for travel, camping, and office use.
- Glass materials are not dishwashing safe.
- More expensive than other manual grinders.
- Bigger than other manual grinders.
3. Bodum Bistro Burr Grinder, Electronic Coffee Grinder with Continuously Adjustable Grind
The Bodum Bistro lets you grind as a Barista does. This electronic grinder has a continuously adjustable grinder that makes grinding more relaxing than ever!
The Bistro Burr Grinder has conical stainless steel burrs that crush coffee beans with precision without wasting the essential oils of the roasted cherries. The way it grinds also protects the beans’ aroma and other natural flavors, unlike blade grinders.
The grinder is equipped with 12 grind settings that can go from espresso texture to French press coarse grind. For safer operation, the grinding motor is equipped with a friction clutch that protects the gear from overheating.
Moreover, the Bodum Bistro is made from different materials, such as rubber, silicone, plastic, steel, and Borosilicate glass for the catcher.
- So small and light, you can bring it anywhere.
- The catcher is made from Borosilicate glass.
- Dishwasher-safe Borosilicate glass (as a catcher).
- With a transparent hopper.
- Have some plastic materials.
- Expensive for its small size.
- Some parts are not dishwashing-safe.
4. KRUPS 8000035978 GX5000 Professional Electric Coffee Burr Grinder
Our next best burr grinder is one of the top-selling brands on Amazon as of this moment. With more than 16,000 unit buys as of this writing, the Krups GX5000 Professional Electric Coffee Burr Grinder continues to rule the market in this category.
But how could you beat a grinding unit as versatile as the Krups GX5000? Just take a look; it has 9 grinding selections that could grind sizes fit for pour-overs, drip coffees, and even cold brews.
By the way, it has an average price just like other high-end burr grinders of its class. But what makes the Krups more popular is that it has a unique safety feature coffee lovers learn to appreciate.
If the lid or the container is not placed properly, the machine won’t operate. This will avoid spillage and prevent possible injury due to flying beans.
The Krups Professional has a flat metallic burr grinder which uses only 110 Watts of power.
- The transparent hopper holds 8 ounces of coffee beans.
- Grinds only what you need with 2-12 cups quantity selector.
- With an auto-stop function.
- Main parts are removable for easy cleaning.
- The burr grinder might be stocked if overloaded.
5. Breville BCG800BSXL Smart Grinder Coffee Machine
Being smart is also being picky on your grinding machine, so the Breville Smart Grinder is what you need if you want sophistication in crushing your coffee beans. This high-end electrical coffee grinder has a backlit LCD screen that shows the grind setting, number of shots (or cups), and the amount of grind you prefer.
Moreover, the Breville BCG800BSXL has 25 grind settings not only perfect for a French press but also ideal for drip, percolator, and espresso. This versatile French press grinder also has an auto dosing system that calibrates each dose while you adjust.
Buying this reasonably priced unit will not only give you the best grind that you want, but you can also expect two portafilter cradles, a grinding container, and a conical burr cleaning brush.
- Air-tight lid hopper holds 1 lb. of beans.
- Grind settings can be adjusted manually.
- Exceptionally high-quality grind.
- The grinder’s conical burrs are made from stainless steel.
- Automatic features may overwhelm newbies.
- Some parts are not dishwashing-safe.
Last update on 2023-02-08 / Affiliate links / Images, Product Titles, and Product Highlights from Amazon Product Advertising API
Maybe you could hint out our two Best Coffee Grinders for French Press among the list above? Anyways, we are just excited to pick the best of the best!
We are just wondering if we could choose the lone manual coffee grinder and one electronic one so that we can have endless coffee grinds even if there is power interruption in the house.
As the lone manual coffee grinder for the French press, the Capresso 560.01 Infinity Conical Burr Grinder is a smart choice. We just love the versatility of this handheld grinder.